Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The HDMI portion our 4yo Vizio LCD E420VA TV seem to have stopped

Customer Question

The HDMI portion our 4yo Vizio LCD E420VA TV seem to have stopped working post lightning strike at our house. The DirecTV receiver was fried but the TV is still working via at least to AV port (wii still works)
I'm curious as to whether this is an easy repair
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you're having trouble (I don't use the phone facility just-answer may provide after this answer I consider it none beneficial)
The main-board containing the HDMI sockets will need to be replaced, basically its a plug in board I can provide all the necessary info to do that including where to get the board from so please let me know if you would be comfortable doing that with my help?
If you are not comfortable you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
Let me know if you can do the work or need more info/help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, note the question will remain open
Regards
Anthony