Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

When I turn my tv on after 30 sec it turns off and the say

Customer Question

when I turn my tv on after 30 sec it turns off and the say an error has been detected
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does the error message "an error has been detected" appear on TV screen when TV turns Off?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it appears when it turns it self back on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does the power light on TV front blink while it stay Off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK and TV always turns On itself after shut down and this keeps going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It might turn off and on a few times then it stays on with no problem it's always when I first turn the tv on for the first time
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, thanks for the info.
There are few boards inside TV that can be cause of this symptoms, either power supply board or main processor board.
It needs to check power supply output volts such as 5V, 12V DC with multimeter to determine power board performance and volts are low or not stable then swapping the power board will help to resolve the issue.
Do you have multimeter and can check volts on power supply board to proceed further if wish to repair the TV yourself?
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do u think this would be to get a tech to fix it
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You can expect $250 to $350 repair cost (parts and labor) from local TV repair shop.
I hope these info will help to make decision about this TV repair or invest it on new replacement TV.
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.