Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Maybe

Customer Question

maybe
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Can you please provide bit details about your TV problem?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our Samsung, recently started making a loud whirring noise and there was no picture. The model is HLP4663WX/XAA I replaced the DLP lamp part (BP 96- 00608A, the lamp that I removed look ok ...anyway I turned it on and the noise was the same but this time it turned itself off
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
A loud whirring noise always point to failing/failed color wheel in light engine of TV, this part spins on high speed and if it doesn't achieve required speed for any reason, TV will go to protection mode and shuts down.
Replacement of color wheel is bit hard work as entire chassis/ light engine will need to take out of TV, please check following link to view required color wheel image and price info..
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-00674A.aspx?model=HLP4663WX/XAA
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a handy gal but how difficult is difficult is it knowing where things are or small pieces ect -also how much would it cost it replace it ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nice, color wheel would cost around $162 or so from Samsung Parts (check above link please) and if replaced it by TV tech then can expect $200 plus as labor.
If you wish to do this yourself then please check following youtube link to watch video clip which will help to determine difficulty level and hopefully help to make decision..
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=samsung+color+wheel+HLP4663WX
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered the part I will be in touch if I have questions thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, take your time, you can ask/post follow up question even after rating this answer as question thread will remain open.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid, Well I replaced the color wheel, it was broken into bits, I took a video of that, then I took my time and put everything back together I initially left in the original lamp, turned it on the whirring sound, it has great sound but no picture !! I had ordered a lamp, so just in case I replaced the lamed, still no picture , the blue tab was in the up position ...I tried again same thing in fact it turns on , gives great sound ..no wired noises but it cuts off after about 2 mins and then it will cut back on by itself ...what is going on ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the timer / Lamp is flashing in green and under it in red the words standby-temp is flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ??
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delayed reply, I was offline, let me check related manual and get back to you in 15 minutes.
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
"the timer / Lamp is flashing in green and under it in red the words standby-temp is flashing" as mentioned in your reply indicate that either lamp cover sensor switch ins't closed properly or any cooling fan isn't working so please recheck your work and make sure all connectors are plugged securely and tight, try the lamp cover sensor (blue) switch is pushed (either up or down) fully and turn On the TV.
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.