Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The Samsung PN60E8000 TV that I purchased from you on Jan 1

Customer Question

The Samsung PN60E8000 TV that I purchased from you on Jan 1 has stopped working. The TV will not tun on at all and there is a red light blinking on the lower left corner. There are are two quick red flashes, a pause and then 2 more quick red flashes of the light. There was loud popping noise before the TV stopped working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcomeJust so you understand we are NOT the people you purchased the set from we are independent technical advice experts who offer advice for a fee let me know that you understand this please Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know, I made a mistake when I copied and pasted the situation from an email I sent to the vendor I did buy it from. Do you have any input on the problem with the unit?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The pop sound and blinking of the power light on this set indicates a hardware failure internally. This isn't something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments, and is typically caused by a fault on the power supply board within the set.
The popping is common with a shorting capacitor, regulator, or in some cases one of the sustain boards has failed. Given this set is still within Samsung's one year warranty, you would need to contact them directly for repairs.
The vendor you purchased the set from can only honor en exchange within 30 days from the date of purchase- and beyond that it's the manufacturer's responsibility to repair the set under warranty.
SAMSUNG Customer Care Center. Tel: 1-***-***-****.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?