Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

LG 50" Plasma TV. About 4 years old. Primes when turned on, but

Customer Question

LG 50" Plasma TV. About 4 years old. Primes when turned on, but no picture or sound. No menus or icons on screen when any buttons are pushed.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
There is a complete flow chart on page 39 of the technical manual for the symptom you are having. Giving you a link to the manual and if you get stuck at any time simply REPLY back here:
>>> click here to get technical manual <<<
In case you think this answer was of no help to you, I assure you the advice I've given you is well worth it considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop because most shops will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135, then another $150 for labor plus up to $150 for the parts.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That tech manual is for a Panosonic. My tv is an LG 50PZ750-UG.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Well, if you replaced the Y,Z and voltages are good the next suspects are the Logic Control board and the Main board. There is no diagnostics to figure out which one it might be except replacing them one at a time. Start with the Logic because it's only $25.