Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sound stopped working. Was fine this afternoon. Now nothing. I've turned cable

Customer Question

Sound for TV stopped working. Was fine this afternoon. Now nothing. I've turned cable, receiver and TV off and on. Tried to run sound thru TV on fixed signal. Nothing
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power.
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.
This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?