Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

Spilled damprid on the back of my tv by the connections and

Customer Question

spilled damprid on the back of my tv by the connections and some went into the vents. guess i should disassemble and wipe with water, then dryer, then air? Is it worth the work to salvage from damprid?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anyone there? Just took back of tv off and see damprid on it. this stuff is corrosive. wondering if I can put water on tv components and rubbing alcohol and then blow dry? will this work or is it not worth the trouble?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Do not use any water. You can use alcohol (it is part of circuit board flux cleaner). Active ingredient is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_chloride
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
used water. shall I give up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fyi, have to step away for a few hours. shall i put alcohol on top of it when I return? blow dryer?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
let it dry (or make it dry with low heat) and then use alcohol. The problem with water is that it will activate the corosion effect as it will free ions in the liquid.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Try to first vaccum every thing that can come easy.