Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 50" hitachi bought that suddenly the

Customer Question

I have a 50" hitachi bought for christmas that suddenly the picture is garbled with colors. I have unplugged cable, dvd players and still no pic. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this are an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing info phone # *****
That being said ;
Can you see the tv`s own menu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I cannot see anything. I believe it is interference but everything has been unplugged.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then and when you say "garbled" , do you mean lines across the screen , fuzziness etc, ?
Do you have vertical colored lines , could you describe this a bit ?
And I just need you to confirm here that you cannot see the TV's own menu ??
Not talking about the cable box menu but the tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you are correct. I have vertical colored lines and cannot see the tv's menu. I do have sound though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it unpluged it from the wall right now.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you have a defective t-con board , this is beyond a simple reset.
This tv must be very recent and even under warranty as I cannot find parts with the usual parts suppliers
If you bought it at Christmas then you cannot return it to the store for an exchange but it certainly will be under warranty .
You could still contact the store where you bought it and they may direct you to their closest hitachi ASC but if you`ll give me a few minutes , I can also find the hitachi contact info for a warranty claim.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here it is ;
Hitachi America, Ltd. Digital Media Division
P.O. Box 99652
Troy, MI. 48099 USA
Tel: +1-***-***-****
Give them a call and they will tell you how to proceed but usually for a tv this size they will send a hitachi authorized repairman to your house.
Just have your paperwork ( serial , date of purchase etc.)handy when you call them
If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Much welcome and by the way , also have this link ;http://www.hitachi-america.us/products/consumer/tv/support_contact/
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.