Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

HAVE HITACHI ULTRAVISION. PICTURE ROLLS WHEN WALK BY IT - SLIGHTLY

Customer Question

HAVE HITACHI ULTRAVISION. PICTURE ROLLS WHEN WALK BY IT - SLIGHTLY MOVE/TOUCH IT. EVENTUALLY SETTLES DOWN MOST TIMES AND PICTURE FINE BUT NOW ALSO STARTING TO HAVE WHITE LINES OR THE LOOK OF MOVEMENT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN - THIS WILL ALSO SETTLE DOWN AND DISAPPEAR AT TIMES BUT SEEMS TO BECOMING WORSE. HAVE SURROUND SOUND AND HAVE ALSO SEEN THE PICTURE ROLL WHEN THERE IS A LOT OF BASE IN THE SOUND.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50UX22B V51014078
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. This is a 3 CRT rear projection TV, and what causes the picture to roll like this is the Horizontal/Vertical circuits- which are a common cause of failure in this set. It's not usually something that is easily corrected, except for in the case of cold solder joints (which is possible since vibration seems to cause the problem). To have this repaired at a shop is typically a $250-$350 repair and you can locate one at the link below if you'd like: www.tvrepairpros.com If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since this may be a simple cold solder repair and my husband is extremely handy can you tell me what it looks like and where it is located in the set - hoping we can do this ourselves.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this set is extremely complex, and I would not be able to describe where to locate the possible bad solder joints. For a DIY repair I would suggest purchasing the Service Manual for the set, and referencing the Vertical/Horizontal circuits and related components in the Block Diagrams: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/hitachi-50ux22b-service-manual-and-schematics.-convergence-repair-kit.-instructions-and-parts-for-diy-tv-repair..html If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?