Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Plasma Fwd-50px1 TV. The HD from DirectTV looks

Customer Question

I have a Sony Plasma Fwd-50px1 TV. The HD from DirectTV looks amazing, when I plug in my laptop, it looks like all the green color goes away.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What type of cable are you using to connect your laptop to the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A regular monitor cable to the component 1 slot in the TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Regular monitor cable- you mean a 15 pin VGA? Also when you say to the component 1 slot- that would be for 3 color coded RCA video cables (and a red and white for audio)- not VGA. So, can you please elaborate- is this cable VGA on one side and colored RCA's on the other?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that my issue? It's a VGA cable plugged into the RGB/Component Input 1 of the TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
It could be- these cables carry 3 "components" of color down the cable (red,blue and green respectively). Let me ask you, was the color working fine before with the Laptop to this TV? Also, do you have another cable you can try?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's always had this issue, even when I the TV used to be at my friend's house and we ran it through a receiver then into the TV with an HDMI converter to RCA. Another cable as in a different VGA cable or a different type of cable all together?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay but the issue only occurs when connecting the Laptop to the TV? In other words the color is fine with all other sources? I meant a different VGA cable, but since you also had the problem using an HDMI to RCA converter, the cable would not seem to be the problem. Have you tried connecting this PC to another TV- to check and see if the issue is the Laptop itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct, using Direct TV with RGB to RCA looks amazing.It's a new laptop and I haven't tried it with another TV but I have with large monitors and that works fine. It just has this pink hue to it and the greens don't show up on the Sony.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142