Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Samsung LN-T4671F. The screen goes black after a few minutes, or with any shock. Turn it

Customer Question

Samsung LN-T4671F. The screen goes black after a few minutes, or with any shock. Turn it off and then back on and it is working again. I looked at the PS board no obvious bad caps. Trying to avoid BS repairs and replacing it if possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this are an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
When this happens , do you also lose the sound or just the picture ?
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No messages are better i think.
The audio is just fine, completely black. When it is displaying, if you tap the back of the tv it will go black, but if you tap it again it doesn't come back. Restart and the screen comes back.Thanks for getting right back to me.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Ok then if it does go completely black , I could give you the flashlight test but it is obvious to me that your TV's inverter board goes off and only 2 boards can cause that , one is the power board and the other the inverter board .
As it happens both of those are on the same board part # ***** (IP-321135A) in your tv.
Let me see where I can find it in stock at a reasonable price now
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waitingThis link here is pretty much the best deal I could find on that board ;http://openboxcity.net/bn44-00166c-samsung-bn44-00166cOther than that I could give you a link direct from Samsung at $142If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help with that board , thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I just got back from running some errands. Yeah I was already looking at ebay for a replacement, $30.. I'd rather deal there since I know a lot about how things work. I uhh, I appreciate you trying to help.Have you ever heard of this jumper issue? I started looking at it last night, apparently there was a recall/repair class action settlement on these and many other models.. Thought you might know something about it..
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes that famous jumper issue everyone is talking about !That magic fix should I say .Sorry but that is for a totally different beast.There are 2 versions and they are the BN44-00341A and 342 , no such thing on yours.How is that for trying !
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
The symptoms for the jumper issue are blinking backlight , not cutting off while playing and especially not after a few slaps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I see that now. I was looking at threads and didn't notice the model # *****
I am going to order the board, replace it and if it works I will gladly pay the full amount. If not I will still send something.Thanks Jack
Mark
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem , just make sure that ebay board is good and/or returnable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is, says it was from a cracked screen, 14 days. I never have issues on there.
Thanks again!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then the lcd screen monster did hit again LOL just a side note ;
It seem that all parts on ebay come from a cracked screen must be a virus (with a hammer)going around.
Good luck