Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a sony tv model# ***** that won't turn, but the

Customer Question

I have a sony tv model# ***** that won't turn, but the pwr light flashes 3 times. What do the error codes stand for on this tv? Thanks, Mike
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Tanks for the Question
Is it 3 red blinks pause and so on?
How old is the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, nothing else happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
september of 2010
Have you asked a question on here before for this issue please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, not for this unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does the 3 blink code stand for???
Just to clarify the light is definitely blinking red and pausing so 3 red pause 3 red pause maybe to a max of 5 times
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Sorry I have the schematic and data for this set and there is no ref to any blink code procedure on this set however it does look like it is reporting an error I do not know why they have omitted this as nearly all sony products have a blink code procedure, hopefully you have rebooted the set by unplugging it for 5 mins then replugging back in again?
If I had the set I would be taking voltages and deciding which board to replace on the results of those checks can you use a meter?can you do work with the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there are 2 blink errors that are pwr supply related & 10 blink error codes for a dead set that are the G & M cba's....seems odd sony doesn't give a referance to these.. yes I can use a meter & take voltages, but i thought the "secret" codes would give a better starting point
Yes it would!but I have gone through everything and there is no blink code listed please come back in a couple of hours I will try to find them
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks
ok