Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a RCA LRK40G45RQ Roky ready flatscreen, we had the

Customer Question

We have a RCA LRK40G45RQ Roky ready flatscreen, we had the tv under parental control and blocked. Returning home for two months had us forget the password. How can we override this or reset without such hassle?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but I can see that you asked this question some 45 minutes ago .
Do you still need help with it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Please. I have done many of any troubleshoots on this RCA Roku Ready flat screen tv. No matter what we do or try to reset it is stating, 'Input is blocked, Press OK to input password'. We can't remember at all what the unlock password ***** we personally changed it.Please help us.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem , jut follow the procedure below to reset the password ***** 0000All in one sequence press menu-1-4-7-0Now you can go in the menu with that 0000 to turn that off or re-install a new password. If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this from power on?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
yes it is and if needed try it twice , this is the procedure for the new rca models made by the ONCORP like yours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not working
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
How old is this , is it 2013 ,2014 or 2015 ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
By the way , how did you try it ?Did you press the menu then the numbers or pressed the menu and hold and then enter the digits ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2014
Hold and then enter the digits
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
ok then that may be the problem , press them one at a time all in one sequence
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
And this just resets the password ***** 0000 , it does not remove it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A 'blue screen' popped up on the upper left corner, Factory Setting
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
o.k then that's a full reset which will clear the password ***** reset it to 0000 , turn off the tv then back on and do its original setup again .Sorry for the inconvenience but it used to clear the password ***** not a factory resetIn any case your password ***** ***** as well now
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link for you if needed ;http://support.roku.com/entries/22831405-RCA-How-do-I-set-up-my-Roku-Streaming-Stick-Roku-Ready-Version-
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is your online manual as well ;http://download.oncorpus.com/LRK40G45RQ_UM.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the manual, it is still asking me the same thing. No change.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
did you try 0000 now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Five times
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then sorry but if a factory reset does not do it then I don`t know what will , I mean its like its coming out of the factory now.I will repost your question and perhaps someone here came across this problem and will be able to help youDo not rate or do anything as it will hinder the repost.Just standby and someone should be with you shortly .In the mean time if I get more info on this I will opt back in .Good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem , just standby
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
By the way ,after the "factory reset" on the screen and you turned it off , did it come back on to the first time setup ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. No. Stayed the same.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Just to double check here , it did NOT go through the first time setup ??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If it did not then try the menu1470 again and this time when the blue screen appear with factory setting , try to press the OK or perhaps MENU button on the remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps talking over the phone may be helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it did not go through.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Try this first , in any case after that my bag of tricks is pretty much empty beside suggesting to pull out the power cord as well for a minute after the "factory setting" message and power off.
Also , you should be aware that the website adds an $18 charges for a phone call .
Give that a try and let me know ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if any button (beside power )does anything to the tv while the FACTORY SETTINGS is displayed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Factory Setting is back on...waiting your reply.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Right now its as if the factory reset did not take and may need confirmation so try the OK or MENU button ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Source Select: USB...?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
That's it ??Its asking for a firmware upgrade let me check that but don`t touch anything , just power it off and pull the power cord for a minute
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No firmware available for ANY rca tv as far as I can seeDid you plug it back and tried it again ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is working. Thanks any way. No change whatsoever. But thanks anyhow for trying.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then its time to call rca 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Again , do not rate but if you could let me know the outcome of this I would be grateful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You tried your best yet I feel that I lost money for merely any result of a solution to my concern.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Lost money ??
The money is still yours , it did not cost you anything so far , just a deposit .
You can get it back here if you wish ;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****
Did you call rca at the number I gave you ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. They gave me another number to call, they'll have someone contact me.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then they may have a solution for you although I do not like the way the tv is behaving .
Let me know how that goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The toll free number you gave end up giving me another number.Sure will. Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing helped at all. I couldn't manage to troubleshoot it in anyway. Even if I did not have a solution to my concern, Just Answer still charged me $43.00 even if there was no solution. Bogus!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then try this link instead ;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund