Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Samsung Model code PS50c91hdx/xsa Verdion sk01 It is clicking

Customer Question

Samsung Model code PS50c91hdx/xsa Verdion sk01 It is clicking on and of by itself with intermttant clicking at the plug ins
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does the tv ever stay on by itself, when you turn it on manually?Can you try a quick reset by unplugging power for 60 seconds and let me know if that makes any difference?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had pulled the plug out anyway to put anyother tele in. So At your suggestion I have put it back in I seems to be working. What caused that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And no I have had the TV for 7 years and it has alway been brilliant
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Usually clicking sounds are a sign of an internal hardware defect, meaning the power board is starting to fail.It may have just been a temporary glitch as well though. Just keep an eye on it for now, and it will hopefully be fine going forward. The problem may come back, which would require repairs though. At 7 years old, the tv is at/past its service life, so seeing this type of problem come up isn't surprising though.