Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Last month I bought a 2014 model 60" flatscreen. It does work.

Customer Question

Last month I bought a 2014 model 60" flatscreen. It does work. I have adapted it to receive the tv programming signals. However, I can't find a local tv tech familiar with RCA that will adapt my VHS, CD, and DVD machines to play on the TV. What does a housecall cost to complete my installation by a licensed, bonded, and RCA knowledgeable tech? Stan.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Stan.
Was the tv used when you purchased it?
I can help guide you through the connections, the issue here is that like most modern tvs the analog inputs are extremely limited and aren't going to work directly with that many devices, you'll need some external equipment. Would you like to try doing this yourself?
If not, I can help you find a nearby tech, figure on $100-150 to have someone out. You won't find anyone specifically familiar with RCA or this specific model, but just tv installers in general. There are no rca specific techs, the rca tvs are very low quality products these days made from any number of generic chinese manufacturers that license the rca name. It is no longer a quality american made product, and they tend to be sold only at the low end shops like walmart and kmart.
Let me know how you'd like to proceed, if you'd like some guidance on hooking up yourself, or let me know your zip code to help find a local tech if you prefer.