Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

WE HAVE A VIZIO TV 49 OR 50 INCH.....HAVE HAD TROUBLE SINCE

Customer Question

WE HAVE A VIZIO TV 49 OR 50 INCH.....HAVE HAD TROUBLE SINCE WE BOUGHT IT.....PICTURE JITTERS HUNDREDS OF FRAMES WHEN WE TURN IT ON.....THOUGHT IT WAS BAD CONNECTION.....BUT HAD PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION AND BROUGHT THEM OUT TO FIND PROBLEM......IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT IT IS THE TV, NOT CONNECTIONS.....BOUGHT 2/26/15 @ WALMART, BUT HAVE HAD NOT ONE DAY WITHOUT PROBLEMS SINCE INSTALLATION.....PLEASE HELP
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of the tv?Does this happen on all inputs/sources?Is the vizio setup menu affected also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me get info, but yes everything is effected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
take a minute in other room, ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P502u-b1E
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NATHAN, YOU THERE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NATHAN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS ANYONE THERE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
COME ON
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm here.Every time you send multiple replies like this your question is pushed to the bottom of the queue and it takes even longer for me to reply. A moment of patience is appreciated.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
To confirm, the jitters in the picture are affecting the vizio on screen setup menu as well - it isn't just the picture bouncing around behind the menu, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOU GOT IT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CORRECT
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. Anything else you do beyond this point would only cost you further time and money in terms of repairs, so you can't do anything else yourself. The tv will need repairs, but that has to go through the vizio warranty process.Vizio needs to be called and they will then approve the repair and send a tech out to your house to fix it on site (or pick it up and take back to their shop).You'll need your walmart receipt for proof of warranty, but you wont' be able to get anything from walmart, they aren't any help once their 30 day return policy is up.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You can reach the vizio warranty line at 888\849\4623
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GONNA TRY THAT...WILL YOU STILL BE HERE?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
In an hour or so? Yes, I should be on still.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it works out, when you have a chance. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WILL DO....HOPE IT WORKS.....YOU WILL BE MY HERO
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I hope it will, but honestly I am not optimistic. When the menu is affected as well, it is pretty much always a hardware failure. Even if the reset cleared it, it may only be temporary, so your best recourse here is to follow up with vizio and get it repaired/replaced, so the issue doesn't come back after warranty at which point you're pretty much left having to buy a new tv.