Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It was a thunderstorm yesterday and My Panasonic Lcd tv cut off on me n it won't come

Customer Question

It was a thunderstorm yesterday and My Panasonic Lcd tv cut off on me n it won't come back on even if I unplug it or press the power button it won't come back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TCP50530
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Panasonic LCD TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model number.
Please press and hold power button on TV for 5 seconds, does power light turn On or blink now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do u think I have to take the TV apart
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
There are two circuit boards suspected in TV for such symptoms, either power supply board and/or main board, it needs to check standby volts with multimeter on power board to determine if it is working or not.
If standby volts are available then main board will need to be replaced which will help to resolve the problem. If standby volts are not available then power board will be replaced to see if main board is fine or also damaged by lightning static charge.
Please reply back if you wish to troubleshoot the problem and have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV to assist you further and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.