Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Need a horizontal sliding TV mount that flips down and pivots

Customer Question

need a horizontal sliding TV mount that flips down and pivots for my class A RV storage unit... any advise?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. To help understand what you want, you are looking for a mount where the bracket will allow for the tv to be laying flat (horizontally), with the screen up, and pushed into an upper cabinet - this will slide forward/out and then down to allow the tv to be vertical. The entire tv will fit within the cabinet when laying down. Is this correct? What is the size/model of your intended tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes thats is... I have a 40" LCD

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You really aren't going to find anything that can handle something of that size and weight that is still able to swivel. In general a 40" tv isn't going to be able to be on a single arm/bar mount that can bent and pivot. I'm surprised there is a cabinet (is this inside the cabin, or in a "basement" type outdoor compartment?) large enough to hold the entire tv laying down as well. Perhaps if you could send me a photo to get a better idea of what we're working with here that would help. You'll most likely need to cobble a few different products together to make something like this work though.