Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I HAVE A SAMSUNG DLP THAT HAS THE GREEN LIGHT ON THE FRONT

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG DLP THAT HAS THE GREEN LIGHT ON THE FRONT FLASHING SO I REPLACED THE LAMP AND THE LAMP STILL DOES NOT LIGHT CK THE DOOR SWITCH AND MADE SURE THAT THE LAMP WAS IN GOOD
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Was it the lamp light that was flashing at the front ?

Can you give me the model number of that tv ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES SR IT WAS THE LAMP LIGHT ON THE FRONT AND THE MODEL IS HL-T6176S THE MODEL CODE IS HLT6176SX/XAA

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok and it is still the lamp light that blinks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then not too many options here ;

For one you could have a defective lamp and then you said that you double checked that the door /cover was closed properly so you could have a defective lamp cover switch and finally a defective ballast circuit.

Where did you get that lamp and how much did you pay for it ?

Was it a $30 (or less) knock off ?

Turn off the tv or unplug the power cord then at first when you press the power button ,listen closely near the lamp cover and tell me if you can hear a zap sound like electricity ?

That would be the ballast trying to strike the lamp

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SORRY FOR THE LONG TIME GOT THE LAMP FROM UNION ELECTRONICS IT IS A NEOLUX LAMP I DO NOT HERE A SOUND WHEN I PLUG THE TV IN OR WHEN I HIT THE POWER BUTTON

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry , was out for dinner when you replied.

Ok then it doesn`t sound like the ballast is even trying to strike the lamp and this model is known for defective ballast although i can tell you that if you got a low grade lamp at $30 then it is very common for them to be DOA and if you could return it as defective and get a replacement then it would be worth a try .

Otherwise you may want to try a ballast replacement part # ***** that you can get at the link below;

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP47-00036A.aspx?model=HLT5076S

Or this one ;

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/bp47-00036a/0057/528.html

And finally this one;

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-lamp-ballast-bp47-00036a-ap4539075.html