Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Philips monitor model no. BDL3245F. Right now the

Customer Question

I have a Philips monitor model no. BDL3245F. Right now the video input is setup for RGB but I want to change it to HDMI. I tried to change it, but none of the menu buttons work even if I turn the whole thing off and on. How can I change the video source to HDMI?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please double check that model number on the back of the monitor and post back? The number you posted does not even show up on a Google search.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about BDL3245E
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that did show up- and sorry for the delay. I am pulling that up right now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, you don't use the MENU button to change over to HDMI- you use the "Input" button on the front of the monitor. This changes the "Input" from one connection to another. Now, in order to select HDMI, you first need to have a device with a signal being sent to the monitor- so if you're connecting a PC or some other device, you need to make sure it is turned on first. Then you will need to also make sure the RGB cable is disconnected in order for the monitor to not "think" that it's being input via RGB. Please try that and use the INPUT button to change over to HDMI and let me know what happens. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is that none of the buttons work. I turn the monitor on, the Philips logo comes on then it says no input. No matter what buttons I push there is no response.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Then this means your monitor is faulty- not that you're unable to get the correct settings. The Input button supersedes all connections, or other settings, and if you're unable to even change the Input- then this means the Mainboard has failed. This isn't an adjustment issue- it requires repairs or replacement of the monitor I'm afraid.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I was just checking for a source for the mainboard for this unit- and it's not a currently made part. Usually Phillips, RCA, etc. all make these boards available. The EEPROM on this board is what processes the changing of the Inputs, and MENU functions, etc. However, since there's not a replacement currently available, it would be more cost effective to replace the monitor versus repairs I'm afraid. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.