Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My old, but still works great, esa ET427E TV is not recognizing

Customer Question

My old, but still works great, esa ET427E TV is not recognizing the Video 1 input of my cable box. It finds the dvd player and plays dvds just fine. But when I switched input back to Video 1 to view standard programs through my cable box, it just can't seem to pick up that input signal and just flashes glimpses of picture, but won't stay. This started happening when I needed to program a universal remote for the dvd player and thought I would program the old TV also...apparently a big mistake. I have tried unplugging/replugging all cables and unplugging power cord in hopes of "resetting" TV.
Of course, no longer have the manual and not even sure that I have the exact model # ***** but it a 27" esa TV and I have the original remote. Can anyone help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Try connecting a different box to the Video 1 input, and see if it has the same problem. If it doesn't then the problem is likely with your cable box.
Also try using a different cable to connect the cable box to the TV and let me know if there is any improvement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete. Sorry for the delayed reply. I have been working & studying for the the last 3 days, didn't even turn the TV on. So, just this evening was able to view your answer. When I turned the TV on to try your answer, the cable channels came on under Video 1 without me doing anything! I used the input button on the TV remote to toggled back & forth between the DVD player, the Roku box, and the cable box...it all worked fine without my having to connect a different box! As you suggested, It must have been something with the cable box that night. I'm not going to try to use the universal remote for any device except the DVD player! The trouble began when I tried to use the universal remote for the DVD player & the TV.
Sorry to ask THIS question: Do I still have to pay for your answer, even though I didn't have to try your answer?
Thanks for your response and I will give you a good rating. Jessika Poole
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jessika,
Glad to hear it worked out for you!
You only have to pay if satisfied; any money you have paid to the site remains in your JustAnswer account for future questions if you don't wish to pay for this one.
Best,
Pete.