Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sharp TV model # ***** the power & opc light

Customer Question

I have a sharp TV model # ***** the power & opc light will blink two times together and then stop and repeats its self and then if you hit the power button to try to turn it on it clicks twice like the relay is clicking on then it clicking like the relay is dropping out
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had the the TV 5 years give or take it started today day after lightning hit a tree with my dust to dawn light which was on the same breaker as the TV was I'm thinking its in the power supply I'm a electrician in the coal mines I have some knowledge on how to troubleshoot I'm just not for sure which component on power supply it is and I could be wrong all the way around
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
TV has self diagnostic feature that can detects few problems and "power & opc light will blink two times together" is an error code that tells failure of 3.3V DC on main board of TV, main board is one that has all video input jacks, tuner, main processor chip etc and replacement of main board will help to resolve the problem.
Pleae check following link to view the main board image which will help to locate it in TV and its part number is ***** that can be used to search/google it to get price and stock info to order it, since TV is bit old model so it may no longer available in supplier stock..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkf282fm06-main-board.htm
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.