Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Sony bravia, smart tv. suddenly has muted colored lines in

Customer Question

sony bravia, smart tv. suddenly has muted colored lines in the background...almost making the picture transparent... Mike
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Do you mean that you can see the picture behind colored lines ?
For example , does the TV's own menu cover those lines or you can still see them ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The menu covers the lines in believe... the menu looks fairly clear
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I need the specifics here ;
Does the menu completely cover those lines , at least where it is opened if not full screen or do you still see them through the menu ?
his can make all the difference here so please do look at this closely .
Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , did you notice this problem no matter what equipment is playing on tv ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It covers the lines... you can see an image behind the menu... only Dish sat.... the other TV's seem to work fine, this tv is hooked to the main box...
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then about those lines , are we talking about vertical colored lines for example , could you describe them a bit ?
Do they move with the picture or are they static.
If you tap on the TV's input terminals at the rear , does that seem to affect it as in a loose cable connection ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is worse now.. its turned into squiggly pixels now... more reds and pinks... we bought it in 2012 if that helps...
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Did it get worse after tapping at the rear ?By the way Mike , could you give me the tv`s model number while you are back there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Dish box seems to be ex. hot......
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Any way you could try to plug something else like a dvd temporarily ?Unplug the power cord from the dish box for a minute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok....
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Note that it will take a minute or two to reboot , just give it time.Right now if the tv`s own menu looks fine then this looks good for the tv although not completey out of the woods yet f you will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
How is it going ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wife is at the house... cant comprehend the info... Im on my way home now... 30 to 45 min...
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then let me know when you get there and we`ll try a few things with the wiring and also you may have loose internal cables that cause those squiggly lines , we`ll see