Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My lg 52 inch flat screen cuts on and off by itself. what causes

Customer Question

my lg 52 inch flat screen cuts on and off by itself. what causes this
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Is the tv turning on at all and then cuts off while playing or it just flickers on/off constantly ?
Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it cuts on and off constantly by itself. after bout 30 minutes it comes on and stays on.been happening for a while
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then can you give me a minute on this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will be standing by for your response
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
What you described is a typical power supply circuit problem and I would have a question for you on that ; How do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think it is the analog power supply board?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Well there is only one power board part # ***** (LGP52-08H) and I will find it for you if you wish to look into this yourself.Be right back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my tv is a 2008 model will that board part fit my tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes thats the correct part number and here is a link where you can buy it ;http://www.cradeal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=983And here is one where you can see it clearly ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-eay41752701-power-supply.htm If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you