Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Just bought a Sharp 65" LED TV, issue I have is that while

Customer Question

Just bought a Sharp 65" LED TV, issue I have is that while watching NFL Rewind, at certain points while the ball is traveling through the air, it appears to disappear, it has a ghosting affect, noticed it also while watching golf. I just returned my Toshiba for the same reason. I am running Direct TV Genie connected to the TV VIA HDMI cables. The TV is 1080P
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
This is caused by the Motion Enhancement feature on these new sets- and I shut mine off on my LG TV for the same exact reason. All HD TV's have this feature enabled from the factory for some reason (I find action un-viewable with this effect).
Please go into the MENU, and under Picture, find Advanced and set them as follows then click "OK/ENTER" to save them:
ADVANCE SETTINGS
Color Gamut Range Expanded
Motion Enhancement Off
Active Contrast Off
Gamma +1
Black Level n/a
Film Mode Off
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of the options you listed I only saw the film mode and motion enhancement. What is Aquomotion 240?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That's also a motion enhancement feature, try the various options there as well. I will be back online in an hour or so.