Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a LG 65LM6200-UB 3D TV that has always worked great.

Customer Question

I have a LG 65LM6200-UB 3D TV that has always worked great. We have only broadcast channels with a very tall antenna since we live in the country. The coax runs inside the house then splits to two other rooms and attach to other TVs. This past week, lightning struck the ground right behind the house. There appeared to be no appliance damage at first but then we noticed that we have far fewer channels. Normally, there are about 45 channels after a re-scan, but now there are only about 20. Channels 4 and 5 on the VHF band no longer appear after a scan, and nothing larger than 27 on the UHF side show up any more. The other TVs in the house still tune all channels just fine. Unplugging the TV and also doing a factory reset have not helped. Replacing the coax cable from the wall to the TV seemed to help for a day or so but now back to the problem again. What could it be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Offhand, please first disconnect the TV from power- remove the coaxial cable from the back of the TV, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 15 seconds and release.
Wait a minute, then plug the coaxial back into the set- plug it back into power and attempt to re-scan channels. Let me know what happens.
Expert:  AdrianB-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
(http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/95psg-lg-65lm6200-ub-3d-tv-always-worked-great.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.