Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a 5 year old Samsung LED tv. The screen now has

Customer Question

We have a 5 year old Samsung LED tv. The screen now has started flickering with rain like background at most of the time. Rain colors are red,green, blue, black and white. Model number is ***** TV is 55 inch. Serial # *****
Service man from Direct TV said this is a pretty well known problem now.
Can you help please? Unit was purchased from Best Buy store in our area 34491.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barbara,What all inputs have you tried using?Are all inputs affected, or only some?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, What do you mean by "Inputs"? We turn on the TV and we have rain in the background of the pictures. This is about 75 to 90 percent of the time.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Inputs are connected devices, e.g. DVD player, cable box, games console, VHS player, etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of these units are connected as they should be. It makes no difference if we are watching TV live or a recorded movie or a recorded show or if we are watching a DVD. We still have the rain clear through the picture in the background.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If all inputs are affected and the on-screen menu is also affected, then the TV has likely suffered some kind of damage and will require diagnostic testing and a repair.