Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am calling about my inability to program macros on my Sony

Customer Question

I am calling about my inability to program macros on my Sony RM-VLZ620 universal. I called your customer support number(###) ###-#### ***** the first time after a 7 minute wait, reached a person the second time, someone who had no idea what I was asking about. I've set the device codes for all my devices (Samsung TV, Oppo Blu-Ray, Scientific Atlanta cable box, and Pioneer Elite receiver), and I was able to program individual buttons on the receiver. The problem is with macros. I have repeatedly followed the instructions on pages 28-30 of the instruction manual, but after entering all the information including the various items in the sequence, I am supposed to press the SET button that is supposed to flash 3 times. However, it never does. I've tried numerous ways and can't complete the programming because the SET doesn't flash 3 times. Either I'm doing something wrong, or there's something wrong with the unit. Would appreciate your help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I would like to give you advice, that your remote is simply 'broken' that way, but I am not quite sure just yet. Does the manual section dealing with macros have any language that you have either ignored, skipped over, or can't see the point of? if so, let me know how the instructions run (or post me a photo or scan of them) and I will look for such 'hidden' points and instructions about the recording of macros.(Do the macros get recorded onto the remote itself? or some associated device, instead? if so, either way, consider whether you may have exceeded memory limits.)(Or, try recording a very short macro indeed, just as a test, as to whether it's simply a memory limit. Also, give the SET button time to flash... 30 seconds at least.)