Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

I have a UN40EH5300F TV. The tv wants to reboot every 15 minutes

Customer Question

i have a UN40EH5300F TV. The tv wants to reboot every 15 minutes or so. Is this likely a firmware issue or something with the hardware?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my namely is Steven. When you say reboots is the TV turning completely off sound and video and then turning back on?
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you are off line and unable to chat, This cycling problem in many of the Samsung TV's is a very well known issue caused by a faulty main board. if the TV is completely shutting down and turning back on (cycling) then the main board will have to be replaced, this type of issue can not be repaired at component level. I will provide you with a link to part but make sure the part numbers match the numbers on your board.http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-05917s-main-board-for-un40eh5300fxza.htmKeep in mind that in some cases with main board replacements there are adjustments that have to be made using a factory service remote once the board is replaced. Unless you have one you may not able to make these adjustments.