Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have the wega engine 3lco Model# ***** It turns off

Customer Question

I have the wega engine 3lco
Model# *****
It turns off and on by itself, green light stays solid, shuts off for 30 seconds then comes back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
This is typical behavior of a failing lamp on these models (don't worry that the lamp led is not showing). You can buy the lamp and install it yourself. Do NOT buy a lamp from Amazon or eBay or other discount sellers. ONLY buy directly from Sony or a seller that states in writing that the product has a one year warranty, like the one below:
http://www.dlplampsource.com/xl-2200-television-replacement-lamp.html
Instructions are in the tv user manual:
https://docs.sony.com/release/KDFE55-60A20.pdf
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn the get indication From the lamp
Flashing that the bulb was going bad
But I see where u said that doesn't matter, so I will purchase the bulb.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Please show your appreciation by clicking the positive rating. Doing so does not prevent future replies here.