Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TC-P65GT50-2 HDTV,and all 4 HDMI inputs

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TC-P65GT50-2 HDTV,and all 4 HDMI inputs are inoperative after an electrical storm. Unplugging all components for 30 minutes and returning to default settings did not help. What circuit board (or boards) is the likely culprit? Smart TV internet is fine and picture is undamaged. Have not tested component input as would need help to dismount. Also,cable box and receiver were damaged.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.HDMI processor chip on main board would have damaged due to electrical storm and entire main board of TV will need to be replaced which will help to resolve the problem as such circuit boards can not be repaired on component level.Required main board (known as A Board) part number is ***** (TNPH0988UD) that can be used to search/ google to get price info to order it, replacement of board would not be difficult as no soldering work is needed.Please check following link to view A Board image which will help to locate it in TV..http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1qyuus-a-board-for-tc-p65gt50.htmIf you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.