Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Insignia TV NS-32D220NA16 : Although it says on screen that

Customer Question

insignia TV NS-32D220NA16 : Although it says on screen that configuration is complete, It then begins to ask if I want a channel search. I tried various combinations of Screen views to get to the point where I can take over with my Comcast remote. Remote code appears to take (per instructions), and new modem has been activated, but cannot control TV... it only goes to screen view asking for channel search. I tried both "no" and "yes" which only takes me to "input source" view. I also tried the suggested "Exit" then "Input" which merely takes me around to the same loop of views.
This happens on both new TVs that I just bought.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is there any cable box hooked to TV?
- If so, what video input of TV is connected to cable box?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box (modem) is connected to TV as per current instruction and in the same way as before. I've done this routine several times previously with other brands and vintages (CRT & plasma) with little trouble. Usually I will get a raster on the TV, then set to channel 3 or 4 to match the modem and connection will be complete, or set the proper code from the Comcast remote. Cannot seem to get to a point where that is possible. I have the Insignia User Guide (downloaded and printed out). I carefully tried all that it suggests. I have the same results on each of the two TVs I just bought.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"input" connections are done as both Insignia and Comcast requests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable Connections + Page 47.docx
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Picture attached isn't accessible so please reattach it.What input of TV is hooked to cable box and what type of cord is used between cable box and TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable Connections + Page 47.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turning TV on first time
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry again, Cable Connections + Page 47.pdf file isn't being open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approved coax supplied
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so coaxial cable from cable box goes to antenna input of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turning TV on first time:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is pdf (universal)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes... only place for it to go and the place diagrams show
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
When I click on file link I get following error message..-------------------------------------- This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.<Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>10qoAZ5U/Cable Connections + Page 47.pdf</Key><RequestId>E8BE75AD06BB71A3</RequestId><HostId>CpjotzmbqN2gWqg/Gm0CvLdBcKDXD3RX/xHH02ieBJI3wf/cZZqUqoC4b/A9G4qTY9b2qgYtQFQ=</HostId></Error>-------------------------------------------
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Does cable box has any HDMI Out port or AV Out RCA jacks to make simple connection setup with TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frustrating, PDFs should be universal. Something unique with your server/ computer?I have sent similar internationally including SE Asia.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pictures and copy would save us much communication!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those ports are on the TV as well, but no cables for them provided... Not needed according to the instructions.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Turning TV on first time.pdf is being opened but Cable Connections + Page 47.pdf doesn't and computer says it is XML file which means not a pdf file.
Can you please reply with following info..
- Does cable box has any HDMI Out port or AV Out RCA jacks to make simple connection setup with TV?
Please take a good picture of back of TV and attach it here so I can view it.
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I guess our posts are crossing each other, so cable box has HDMI Out port, is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box has no HDMI port. Several jpeg files to follow
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, if coaxial cable from cable box directly plugged in ANT/CABLE jack at back of TV then it would need to run channel scan/search in TV.
Is it possible to get me the cable box model number or picture so I can view other options for connection setup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It "tells" me it cannot find Channel. Did you get the 7 jpeg files I sent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast cable box only has coax in/out, power, and switch for channel 3 or 4.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No, I haven't received 7 jpeg files yet.It appears that comcast cable box isn't sending out signal for some reason thus TV couldn't get it.Is it possible for you to test/ confirm the cable box on another available TV nearby to see if it works?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast says the modem is active and responds to them. I can successfully select the proper code for this brand TV and the remote signal acts like the link is successful (double blink after entering the code). The next step with the Comcast remote is to turn the TV off from it, then all should work. I've done this in other sets in the past. The Comcast remote does not turn the TV on or off, nor change channels... It does not act like it is operating the TV... The TV remote only can go through set-up routines. The same problem exists on the other new TV set (same brand/model) I am trying to activate with separate modem/modem model in another room. SIGH!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have no idea what is going on with TV and comcast modem so let me open the question for other experts and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.I'm opting out now.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience, Shahid. This is my second day working on this and right now I want to make a very late lunch. I will take the TVs back to the store and ask them to show me what THEY think it is.Nothing is ever as simple as it seems for two good reasons:
1) Nothing is ever simple
2) Nothing is ever as it seems! SIGH! ...Sam
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest to ask Comcast to provide a cable box that should have HDMI Out port which will make things a lot easier, plug the HDMI cable between TV and Cable box, select HDMI input source in TV to get cable box picture/ screen on TV, thats it.
Coax cable connection is very old thing that provides low video resolution picture, your TV is HD (high definition) and capable to present far better video resolution of cable channel through HDMI cable.
Thanks.