Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV model th-58pz700u. It

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV model th-58pz700u. It was struck by lighting. And the Tv still works but only gets the local channels. No inputs work. The menu comes up fine and even the SD card reader still works. But no inputs. I have tried swapping out the AV board (TNPA4131) and it didn't make a difference. I'm looking to see what I can replace to fix the problem. Like I said the picture is perfect still but unfortunately I only get local channels.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. If changing out the input board didn't help, then you've got a bad D (main) board. That is going to be part number TZTNP01HGTU, but they are getting pretty hard to find anymore. Considering the age and condition of the tv, you might be better off just using it as is - even if you can only get the tuner to function, you can always hook up an RF modulator to get use of an analog (composite video) input signal: http://amzn.to/1flIxxT Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey sorry it took me so long to respond, but I just git the new part and installed it today. I got the part that you suggested and of course to my luck that did not fix the problem. Same as before. I didnt mention in the question but when you put a signal to an input the screen will try to produce a picture. But it comes out as scrambled. But the local channels and menu and sd card work great. Let me know your thoughts.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
So you did replace the main board?Did you have all the same symptoms/issues both before and after changing out the main?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I replaced the board. It was the d main board exact number you suggested. And there no change what so ever. It did everything it did before.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
And you had the same symptoms both before and after changing the H board?Where did you get that input board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes same exact symptoms. Nothing has changed. But the input board didn't have the hdmi and coax input on it. Only the components. I got the boards used from cracked screens.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
It is really difficult to say at this point, but it is quite possible that one of those 2 replacement boards is faulty as well.The odd part here is that none of the inputs work. I would expect either the analog (input board) or digital (main) to stop but the other keep going. Have you tried swapping things around a bit, testing the original input board with the new main to see if that behaves any differently?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If still no change, then we are most likely looking at a bad DH board.That is the "bridge" board that does some processing and links the analog and digital boards.Luckily, it is cheap, and readily available. http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txndh1hhtu-dh-board.htm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried switching them around back and forth in different combinations and no luck. Okay I will try that bridge board. I was trying to just before I only swapped out the anolag board not the hdmi board which seems to be a different board. But I will try that board first. Can I send u a picture of the screen somehow?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can send a photo via the "paperclip" attachment icon here.