Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My model #is UN55D6005SFXZA, I have tried to connet to the

Customer Question

My model #is UN55D6005SFXZA, I have tried to connet to the internet for months and it just will not connect. Says local connection ok but no internet. I also need a replacement remote and can't find any on Samsung.com
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How did you run network setup in TV without TV remote?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used a different remote for another Samsung tv.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to run auto/easy network setup where TV fills DNS, Gateway data automatically?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have, numerous times. I have also copied the settings from my computer and tablet which are the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The message I get is as follows: local connection is complete,but cannot connect to the internet. Check the DNS settings from Network Settings.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I understand, that is why asked if you have tried auto-network setup option or manual where it needs to put DNS, gateway settings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said earlier I have tried both ways a number of times and it didn't work. I have no problems with the DNS settings on any of my other devices.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, is it possible for you to connect TV to modem with Ethernet cable to see if it works or gives same error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No way to they are in different sides of the house. The TV is a 55 inch and the computer is a very large desktop. Both too big and heavy to move and no ethernet cable that is long enough to reach.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, does your TV has built in wifi or there is LAN adapter plugged in USB port for wifi?
TV manual isn't clear on this info so I asked it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has a WiFi adapter from Samsung and I have the Chrome cast attached
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, please unplug at least one thing from TV, either LAN adapter or Chrome Cast stick then run network settings in TV and reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now it finds the wireless router but can not connect
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
What is unplugged from TV?
LAN adapter or Chrome Stick?
I would suggest to unplug Chrome Stick from TV, unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in turn it On then run network settings.
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chrome stick tried taking out the Samsung but tv said it had to be plugged in to setup network
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unplugged power just waiting to plug back in
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Actually LAN adapter and Chrome stick, both are trying to connect to router so TV gets confused about what signal it should prefer to connect to network.
If unplug TV for 5 minutes doesn't work for LAN adapter then select TV source in TV by pushing Source button and go to setup and select Plug & Play option to restore TV to default settings then go through initial setup screen where network settings option will be asked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'll try that in 3 minutes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This isn't going to affect my Direct TV settings is it?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Direct TV box would be hooked in HDMI input of TV through HDMI cable so it wont affect, all is needed to select correct HDMI input in TV by pressing Source button to get Direct TV picture.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok . The unplug TV didn't work so going to try the other method
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, LAN adapter is still plugged in, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes working on setup now
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, if TV sees available networks around then it should connect to router that you select in the network list.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope says wireless connection failed. Invalid IP address from Network settings
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, now please unplug LAN adapter from TV which seems not working for some reason and connect the Chrome stick in TV, replug TV power cord, select correct HDMI input where Chrome stick is plugged in to see if network setup option appears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had it on manual but changed it back to auto and still won't connect. Okay I'll let you know what happens in 5 minutes
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please reply back with Chrome stick result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It say chrome cast connect to the network but can not connect to the internet
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Network setup option should be available in Home screen of Chrome Cast stick that need to run to connect to router, do you get error message when run network setup on chrome cast home screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just says to check that Internet connection is working otherwise use Chrome cast set up which I did and get the same message as above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Says to run chrome cast app to choose a different network
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried the Chrome cast network and my home network and neither can connect to the internet
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please check following video clip that would help to run setup correctly..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdRWQ7kq67Y
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's getting late can we finish this tomorrow. Had no idea it would take this long
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
No problem, we can continue it by tomorrow.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you talk to you tomorrow. Good night
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** sleep!