Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

There, I have a Mitsubishi WD 62525 tv that I have never

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a Mitsubishi WD 62525 tv that I have never truly been able to figure out. I have a few issues:
1.It currently will power on and show just a blue screen. I do not have cable, just an antenna to receive digital channels. It shows it is receiving the signal of the channel and what program it is on, but does not show the program on the screen.
2. For my birthday, I was given a blu ray dvd player that I was never able to hook up to get it to work properly. It has wireless capability to get Netflix, etc, which is what I wanted, in addition to playing dvds, but was not able to ever get the player to work. I realize there may be a compatibility issue with technology, but is there a way I can get this player to work with this TV? Thanks!
3. When that did not work, I was given a roku stick and a google stick to try and use with the TV, but I could never get those to work either. Are these items that I would be able to use, or should I be re-gifting them? :)
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
What specifically did (or didn't) work about the bluray and roku? Did you just get a blue screen or "no signal" message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv will show a digital signal. Most of the time, only a blue screen will show, much the way a dvd player with wireless streaming would show a blue screen and nothing else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to attempt to repair this tv or if I should just start looking to purchase a new one. The tv still shows that it is capturing a signal, but only a blue screen appears and no display.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information.Can you tell me how you had connected the bluray / roku to the tv? What do you mean by "never worked"? Did you just get the same blue screen / no signal message? Are you sure you had connected the proper cord, had the tv set to the right input mode to pick up the signal, etc?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you see even the menu/setup screens for the dvd and roku device?