Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My sharp aquos model lc 52le830 won"t come on front arrow blinks

Customer Question

my sharp aquos model lc 52le830 won"t come on front arrow blinks 1 long and 1 short blink.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the Tv?
2. Have you tried unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 minutes?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 mos, received from relative working ; have tried unpluging and repluging
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately unplugging the power cord for a while is the only reset you can do, there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure that will require parts and service. If you would like to attempt a DIY repair (taking back off tv, ordering parts), then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help.
If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of repair then you would need to call a repair shop. Keep in mind, they will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135, then another $150 labor plus up to $150 for the parts, so the advice I've given you is well worth it, considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** is no help to me. that's obvious as what to do
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
so the money you saved by not having to call a repair shop ($100 diagnostic fee), is of no help to you?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
At this point are you really going to call a repair shop and pay $400 to fix your tv, when you can buy a new one for only a little more than that?
That is why this service is valuable to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You say whatt agree with. I don't feel paying more that the $5 for this would be fair to me
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
That's not how this service works. Your deposit is $5.
If you understand that repair shops charge $100 to tell you exactly what I just did, then you should realize that paying $28 is an incredible savings.