Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I get rid of the yahoo down loading on my tv

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
This is a known issue with Vizio sets right now, and there's two possible quick fixes- which beyond that, will require being addressed by Vizio.
First disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the set back in and press power once.
If this does not fix it, then go into MENU, and select Netowrk, and shut off the Wi Fi, then turn it back on and the TV should then update. This may need to be tried up to three times in order to work.
Beyond this, this is a problem on Vizio's end. on Vizio's end. There was a post on their Facebook page 10 hours ago stating that an update they were trying to do was pulled back- and this is causing the issue. The post is below:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/vizio-reports-tv-update-problems-on-its-facebook-page/article_c22aa9b0-5e9b-5a0d-b143-1683d088cf8d.html
Vizio's attempt at a fix is below:
https://www.facebook.com/vizio/posts/10152806075031637
If the issue persists, it is something Vizio NEEDS to fix on their end, and you would need to contact them below:
VIZIO:
https://support.vizio.com/
I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix, but this is an internal Vizio issue causing the problem.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do to fix my tv!! !!!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please read everything above carefully- the entire post. The answer is there.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You need to run through the first two steps that I posted above, and then if the issue persists, you will need to contact Vizio directly at that link I posted- since it's a problem that Vizio generated and they would need to work with you directly to solve it beyond what I have posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work what do I do next
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Again, this is something Vizio caused by pulling back an update on their TV's. Those two steps are what they suggest to try FIRST, and if the issue STILL persists, then you need to contact Vizio directly. There are thousands of people in the exact same boat right now. I'm sorry there's not another quick fix.
if the issue persists, you will need to contact Vizio directly at that link I posted- since it's a problem that Vizio generated and they would need to work with you directly to solve it beyond what I have posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the direct number
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's:
VIZIO:
1(###) ###-####
Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?