Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Yahoo bar continues across bottom of screen. I don't know

Customer Question

Yahoo bar continues across bottom of screen. I don't know how to fix it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Do you have a wired network connection or wireless for this tv ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
network connection
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then I take it that you mean wired so here it is ;The "searching for updates" has to do with the internet connection and it cuts out the regular tv while it is on .This is a new problem that affects quite a few vizio and the solution is to temporarily disconnect from the internet .On a wired connection , pull the network plug and wait for that update to disappear then go in the menu and try to connect wireless even if there are no wireless connection to be had then wait a few secs and cancel before you reconnect the lan/network cable and that should be it.And then there is the vizio version of the reset ;https://www.facebook.com/vizio/posts/10152806075031637If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .