Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Up top there is a box at the top turns on and off. It shows

Customer Question

Up top there is a box at the top turns on and off. It shows sattlite, ratio, time, strenght bar, and the zoom, width ETC..
Down at the bottom the app's turn on and off. The box at the top does also.
I also have problem a grey line at the top and bottom.
The top and bottom take turns with the on and off.
SER# ***** MODEL M492i-82
My name is*****#(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
If you open the TV's own menu , does it stay open while you go through it or will close all of sudden ?
Any message on the screen about " searching for update " ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was doing that, and now stoped.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok and everything back to normal now ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea why it complety stopped
can you stop the credit card from processing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all is nornal
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but not privy to that part , I will give you a link where you can have that taken care of I would hold on for a bit before doing that .There is a rash of those vizio problem this morning and it may well come back Here is that link ;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem but if it comes back then let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Might as well give you the solution now anyway so you will be ready when it does come back ;The "searching for updates" has to do with the internet connection and it cuts out the regular tv while it is on .This is a new problem that affects quite a few vizio and the solution is to temporarily disconnect from the internet .On a wired connection , pull the network plug and wait for that update to disappear then go in the menu and try to connect wireless even if there are no wireless connection to be had then wait a few secs and cancel before you reconnect the lan/network cable and that should be it.Ok then you need to reset your wireless connection and a way to do this would be to go in the menu and open the network selection then choose WPS, wait 5-10 seconds as it tries to connect and click cancel.This will disconnect your network. If you still see searching for updates, wait for it to stop and go back to network and reconnect to your wifi as normal(WPA) and that should do it.If your menu does not stay open long enough for you to perform those then unplug the router or wireless modem and after a few minutes try the menu and solution above again.And then there is the vizio version of the reset ;https://www.facebook.com/vizio/posts/10152806075031637