Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio won't stop trying to search every other

Customer Question

My Vizio won't stop trying to search for updates every other second! I can't get to any apps I was watching a movie on Amazon and it just stopped and cut back to cable. Every time I try to do anything it just cycle through apps on bottom then the top comes down to show the stats and then it says loading updates. I have tried resetting my router, turning the TV off overnight and now the next morning it is doing the same thing! How do I make it stop? I can't even use a different input like my PS3 to access Netflix and Amazon it just switches back to cable and keeps trying to update over and over and over again!!It is only a few months old and I swear for $700 all I want is a tv that works!!!!!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Does it repeats pretty much the same pattern like a loop for example showing you the various functions /options etc and repeats that ?
If you open the TV's own menu and navigate through it , does the menu stay open or just closes by itself after a few secs ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it keeps repeating over and over. I eventually got into the menu after about 3 hours and I figured out how to get it to stop by going to WPS and hitting cancel before it finished loading then I went and reconnected the wi-fi and it is working so far! How do I stop you guys from charging me a fee every month. I figured it was a one time $28 charge I AM PISSED WHY CAN THIS NOT BE MENTIONED UP FRONT????? I had no problem paying a one time fee and now I have to do more work to stop you from using my card over and over! When it got to the accept back I closed my browser there was no way to go back. This is a scam and I will report you to better business if it is not easy to cancel. Just be honest with people one shouldn't have to search an entire website to learn what is really going on. So my next question is how do I cancel this monthly charge??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but you are barking at the wrong tree my friend ,
I have nothing whatsoever to do with billing ,subscriptions and what not , just a repairman here and I`m not an employee either as it says clearly beside my picture.
You want customer service ;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't say anything about who your employer is it just says TV technician, I'm canceling my credit card and I'll just move on. Thanks.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
So be it
Goodbye now