Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Jack - though this question was submitted 4 years ago

Customer Question

Hello Jack - though this question was submitted 4 years ago by satisfied customer 5463 - I am experiencing similar issues with the same model Dynex TV/VCR Combo (DX-32LD150A11). I have had the turn off/on problem but now a much more annoying issue has been occurring. The set "pops" and turns off completely - then "One moment please" comes across the screen, after a few moments the set is back on again, and all is well for a few moments and then the process repeats itself. This can happen 10 - 15 times. Initially it started doing this when the set and cable box were off completely and then turned on, however, it now does it (always when first turned on) but also randomly while viewing.
I was thinking perhaps the power supply cord needed to be replaced (?) but after reading your suggestion to Customer: 5463 - maybe I should check the power supply circuit and/or the main circuit inside the set?
It's a great TV and works perfectly except for this problem - which is driving me crazy and really making me want to toss it out!!!! Do you think it's worth a try?
Thank you!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for the request .
Had to dig a bit to find that post and by the look of it that was the same model but without the built-in dvd ( DX-32L150A11 VS DX-32LD150A11 )
and in that case the power board was the problem just like it may well be that from your description.
About that pop sound , would that be through the speakers or internally or is it hard to say ?