Have TV Questions? Ask a TV Technician
- I tried to connect either apple TV or laptop or other directly to TV and CANNOT get sound (I get sound if I use the external sound system).
- There is a steady red power light that blinks when I do activities on the remote or press buttons on TV (press Input, press volume, press on or off).
- I tried to look with a flashlight but I do not see a slightly visible image.
Not sure if this is helpful, but in the months before the image disappeared completely - there were quite a few times whereI tried to turn the TV on and nothing hapenned, than after sometime I tried again and it turned on.
- that is correct - I do not see LG when the TV boots up (I tried pulling the power cable completely, powering it back up and also using the remote multiple times).
- for sound - Yes - i cannot get the sound to play on any input or TV
Thank you. I tried the reset scenario and it did not work.
I saw many similar issues online for this model (plenty of Amazon reviews saying that after 14 month the TV screen went blank).
I am relatively comfortable with Electronics (i.e. I can change some hardware in a PC or change a phone screen) and back in the very distant future Electronics was my major in school, so I would like to try and change the board myself.
The link you sent to me has the board at $90. Is that the board I need? Are there any additional details I need to provide you in order to be 100% certain I am buying the correct board?
Will you be able to point me to the right direction with installation (i.e. some sort of a diagram of what I am looking at etc.
Just to double check the "main" board you referred to previously as the most likely reason is the one with HDMI and USB ports etc.?
Apologize for the long delay. I was finally able to take the TV down from the wall, open it and take out the card. 55LN5700-UH.BUSULJR is the service code this appears to be out of stock on shopjimmy and I cannot seem to find it online.