Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have 2 Samsung LN46A750 Tv's. They are 7 and 8 years old.

Customer Question

I have 2 Samsung LN46A750 Tv's. They are 7 and 8 years old. A couple years ago one developed the bulging resistor issue. We replaced the power board and it has worked fine since. The second did the classic 'firecracker' sound and so assumed it was the same issue. Opened the back and there was one bulging capacitor. Bought another power board, used, from 'The Largest TV whatever in Colorado'. From TV's with cracked screens and so on and said it was tested. Capacitors look fine. Install and I get nothing. No power, no click or red light when trying to power up from the remote. Just curious what strategy should be from here - for someone who isn't going to get out the electrical testing equipment. How often is the other, main board an issue in these instances? Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Can you get a meter (volt/ohms/amp) I will walk you through a couple of checks with the meter as ideally this is the best way to go as that powerboard could be bad
Anthony
I am interested to know if you still require help with this please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not currently at the home with that TV. I'll be back there on Friday. Do I have a meter? Yes. You'd have to be very specific about how to use it for me to be of assistance.
Yes that is OK just let me know when you are ready