Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a toshiba 46g310u that turns off then back on

Customer Question

I have a toshiba 46g310u that turns off then back on constantly and I can't figure out why

Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

When the set shuts down what does the power light do in the front of the set please?does it go out completely?or does it blink?or does it go to standby?

As much info about the light please as this is a good indicator of the trouble

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As far as I know the only color of the light is green. When it shuts off, either normal or unexpectedly, the light is completely off. There is no blinking whatsoever before after or during a state-change. The TV will turn back on by itself. In this comment off=standby.

So the light goes completely off and then the light may go to red then ON green

Steve what needs to be done is for the power-board to be initially visually examined for anything obvious like bad capacitors this is the first stage in a procedure that may lead to replacement of either that board or the mainboard can you do this yourself?I will provide all the necessary info

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no red light. Either solid green or nothing. Taking apart the TV is the last resort. At that point I might as well not even bother troubleshooting and buy a new TV. Is there no other advice you can give?

Steve there is no other solution other than carrying out work on the set now I can walk you through this and replacing a board is easy obviously I dont know your practical ability and its not everyones cup of tea but small tools like screwdrivers are used.

Let me know anyhow

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did my undergraduate studies in electrical and computer engineering so I am capable of undertaking the task of rebuilding the TV, but my time is valuable, which is why I reached out to you today. I am dissatisfied with this service. Apparently all you do is look in a book to read the diagnostic indicators, which my TV apparently does not have.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please reply back if you still need assistance.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please close my ticket. You may charge my card a one-time fee of $10 for your time and trouble. Only positive I can take away from your service is the prompt replies and courteous tone of your responses.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is my first time contact to you for TV issue and was unable to post the answer before and I can give you an idea what might be wrong and causing the problem if you still wish to know.
Please contact customer service at***@******.*** to close the question if not interested for an answer.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please read through thread. If you are unable to provide any solution that surrender involve taking the the TV apart I no longer wish to continue with your company. If you do not recognize my wishes, I will call my credit card company and have them deny any ask charges from you

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please contact customer service at***@******.*** to close the question
Good luck!
Shahid.