Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Experiencing 2 vertical (colored lines) on the left side of

Customer Question

Experiencing 2 vertical (colored lines) on the left side of a samsung flat screen. after someone bumped in the TV. any idea what the problem might be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What's the model number off the back of the TV?
2) How long have you owned it for?
3) If you pull up the TV's MENU, does the MENU appear over those lines. or do the lines appear over the MENU?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1) samsung pn50c7000

2) about 4 years

3) lines go over the menu

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. These lines are either a fault in the Plasma panel itself or one of the Sustain boards has failed. Can you tell me if these lines move or flicker at all? Additionally are you a DIY type and looking to attempt a repair yourself? Or are you simply looking to see what this would cost to repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

lines don't appear to move or flicker. i have the back panel off so i am willing to see if it's fixable myself

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There isn't anything you can test with the back panel removed unfortunately. This is either a failure of the sustain board on the offending side of the TV, or the Plasma display panel itself is faulty- and the TV is, in that case- non repairable. The only hopes in repairing the set is to purchase and replace the sustain board. The part number is ***** on the board itself (the board with the large heat sinks located on it), and you can Google that number, or post back with it and I can attempt to locate a replacement.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it looks like there are multiple boards with heat sinks (if i am identifying them correctly). any other clue to help me identify the sustain board?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The X and Y Mains are available for this set at the link below:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pn50c7000
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The one that's located on the same side as the lines is the board you would need to replace.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?