Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an 80" Sharp. Unfortunately, I don't use it much because

Customer Question

I have an 80" Sharp. Unfortunately, I don't use it much because I enjoy hockey and the picture is not good. In short, when the motion is fast, it seems like the picture loses focus and is blurry. It doesn't appear clear until play slows down or stops. I am using the 16:9 aspect, 240hz aquos motion and tried smoothing on and off but it is still blurry. How can I fix the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What is the model number off of the back of the set?
2) How long have you owned it for?
3) How do you receive broadcasts on the set (cable box via HDMI, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LC80uq17u. Hooked up via cable/Tivo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please elaborate on the Cable/Tivo- this is where your signal comes from. I need the make and model of the cable box, and also what form of connection is to the TV (HDMI, component cables, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Aric,

I apologize. Your response ended up in my spam and I thought you just didn't respond. Just found your response, but now I am out of town. If ok with you, I am either going to respond when I return home later this week or forward the information to my wife so she can contact you.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That's no problem, and sounds good.