Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

No sound on my Samsung TV

Customer Question

No sound on my Samsung TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Connected to a Comcast cable box. Picture is fine but no sound
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then as cable boxes are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
The cable box has already rebooted ??
Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , did they also lose the sound ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I don`t think you waited long enough on the cable box when you unplugged it but in any case if you have nothing else to try to the tv then we don`t know if the cable box is at fault or not .It could need more than a reboot .Try to pull out the incoming cable ( from the cable company) off the cable box an dplug it directly into the tv , there should be some analog channels in the lower band , see if you get sound there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have no clue how to do this, goodbye
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Guess the sound is back hey !?Goodbye