Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Dlp tv won't turn on but three lights on the front keep fl

Customer Question

Dlp tv won't turn on but three lights on the front keep flashing
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) Has any work ever been done on the set?
3) Have there ever been any problems with the hue, or colors on the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've owned for awhile maybe more than ten years, a blub was replaced bout three yrs ago and no other problems now this problem started a few days ago slow to turn on now won't come on
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. The three lights blinking on the front of the set directly indicate the lamp has failed again (this is directly out of the Samsung manual for this TV), and it's very common for the lamps to last only between 2-3 years depending on the quality of lamp used. The solution is simply to replace the lamp in the set again- as this is what's causing the set to not turn on and the three lights to flash on the set. The correct OEM (original equipment), lamp for your TV can be purchased at the link below:
http://www.purelandsupply.com/hlt6176s-samsung-dlp-tv-lamp.html
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
The lights blinking directly indicate lamp failure, and the solution is to replace the lamp. Unless there are some other issues within the set, that would lead you to believe that the lamp is not the issue, and you instead want to remove the back cover and do some testing with a multi-meter (I can help you with that if that's what you want to do), then this appears to be nothing more than a faulty lamp.
Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?