Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Panasonic TH-50PZ85U 50 inch flat screen. the tv will

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TH-50PZ85U 50 inch flat screen. the tv will no longer come on the little red light flashes 10 times. is there a reset or something I can do to get it to come on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The blink code indicates there is a problem with either the power or main-boards however there is a procedure to follow to eliminate using a meter, if you think you can do the work then please let me know, I will provide all the necessary info as an overview checks are made with a meter, the problem identified then the board ordered and fitted in the set
We have had some throw up spurious errors so please reboot by switching the set off from wallpower taking out ALL the inputs in the back of the set wait 60 minutes, then with the set disconnected from inputs replug the set back into wallpower does it still blink 10?if so work outlined above will need to be carried out.
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unhooked the tv and waiting for 60 minutes.
OK let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
red light still blinking.
OK its a problem inside the set with one of those boards if you can't do this yourself I am afraid you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
Let me know if you can do this or need more help
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I will not open the set up. thanks.
OK sorry this is not within your comfort
Let me know if I can do anything else
Regards
Anthony
Roger if you change your mind or can find some one to do this work please let me know, the work itself would involve using a meter other than that replacing the board that is bad is quite easy but I understand it may not be suitable for some who maybe don't use screwdrivers and other such small tools.
If you still think this is not within your scope please understand I don't receive anything from the site until you rate the answer positively there will be a rating bar with this post thank you kindly.
Anthony