Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a vizio 50" m series TV that the picture jumps between

Customer Question

I have a vizio 50" m series TV that the picture jumps between clear picture then blurry picture every couple of seconds.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the full model number please found on the back of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its model m501d-a2r
OK let me know how you are viewing TV services please satellite/cable box/cable straight no box/antenna?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Antenna.the pic jumps in HDMI input as well
Ok that confirms the mainboard is bad and will need replacing do you think you can do this yourself?
I will provide all the necessary info
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is something I can do.
Thats good news!
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
The reason why its important to use the partnumber is ***** there may be variants of the board in the same model and they are not interchangeable
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again, note the question will remain open after rating
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got the part number and went on shopjimmy and ordered it.hope that does the trick cause the pic is annoying.when I switch it out I should just have to reenter all my WiFi and Netflix stuff,nothing else special to do?
Yes you will have to do everything.
The main-board is the brain of the set
Let me know if you need more help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again
Anthony
Hello
I am interested to know how this is working out please?did you receive the board?if so did you manage to fit it OK?what was the result?
Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received the main board today and installed it and the picture still doing the same thing
OK please do this during the fault condition if you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control is the menu affected by this bizarre behavior?
So is the menu going blurry ?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the menu screen gets blurry as well.the top 2" of the screen doesn't do it but everything under that jumps about a 1/4" down and gets blurry
I should have asked you to do this but I was convinced it was the main as I have had that before, OK you should be able to send that main-board back to the supplier.
Now because of that check it leaves two possibilities the t-con board OR the LCD panel itself (screen)if its the screen that is very bad news however on most occasions this is the t-con board this board drives the LCD panel the catch 22 is that even at workshop level we don't know if its the t-con or the panel we just have to replace the t-con and hopefully raise the flag.
What you need to do is get the back off the set, now you will see a unmistakeable ribbon or multistrand label going from the mainboard (thats the one with all the AV input connectors on)to the t-con usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, you need to carefully get this board out of the set (its about 5 inches by 2 half)and retrieve the partnumber found on the board itself with this partnumber go to www.shopjimmy.com first if they dont have it google the partnumber for suppliers
Sorry for the hassle Tvs can be very trying
Let me know if you want to add anything here
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The jumping/blurry condition happens on about a 3 second cycle. 3 sec clear,3 sec blurry
Yes I understand it may be intermittent, one check you may be able to make is pressing slightly on the panel does that make it go bad?its not a set in stone check but if you press on the panel and it clears the fault or brings the fault on that is the panel itself again its not a verified check
Otherwise the t-con will need to be swapped
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pressing on panel doesn't do anything. its constantly cycling between blurry and clear the whole time its on,every time.what is the t con?
Its the board that drives the LCD panel, if you read above I have explained how to get this board out of the set here it is again
Anthony